Zora Singh Commisison report snubbed by BadalGovt is public now Because of hsphoolka and ArvindKejriwal
Before heading to last leg of campaign in Punjab, AAP supremo Arvind Kejriwal spoke to CNN-News18’s Rupashree Nanda and took a few quick questions.
Was there any compulsion for you to learn Punjabi?
There is no compulsion. I really like it.
How did you learn it?
There is no difficulty in understanding Punjabi. In Delhi, you hear a lot of Punjabi. While speaking, that fluency is not there. But now, I can read and write Punjabi.
So how did you learn the language amid your busy schedule?
HS Phoolka taught me…Phoolkaji is my teacher. He taught me all alphabets.
When you get up in the morning, what is your first priority?
Every day is a new day. Nothing is fixed. Every day, the campaign is different, the strategy is different.
Is the morning used for looking at what happened the earlier day: crisis, negatives?
Morning is used for strategies, to meet people, to take report of what is going on in the field. Because, the whole day is busy, so this is the time to take stock of what happened yesterday.
Do you begin your morning with a prayer?
I try to do some meditation. Actually, the people are praying. The results of Delhi were due to people’s prayers (dilli ka jo results hua tha, woh logon ki dua, logon ke ardaas, mannaton ka asar tha). Getting 67 out of 70 seats is not an ordinary thing (woh kuch na kuch kudrati karishma hai). Lakhs and crores of people are doing ardaas, praying. And there is great strength in prayers.
With assembly elections around the corner in Punjab, the Aam Aadmi Party is going all out to win it. CNN News18’s Rupashree Nanda spoke to HS Phoolka on the party’s chances in the polls.
Why are Captain Amarinder Singh engaged in an intense twitter battle? Don’t you thing that Congress is posing some sort of a threat to AAP in Punjab?
No no. There is absolutely no threat. There is huge wave for AAP. The Congress has not even sorted out their own house. There is so much infighting in the Congress. They couldn’t even decide on the tickets. There is so much of infighting going on. Because the reason is there the culture is everybody is for himself, nobody is for the people. They are running for the post, they are not doing the campaigning, fighting in the election to serve the people. Only for self-interest they do it. That is the difference.
I know you will say that you will win, but what is the factor that can go against you?
The seat (He is contesting from Dakha constituency) is Akali dominated and the sitting MLA is also from Akali Dal. But the basic thing is that the maximum number of deaths due to drugs has happened in that constituency. The maximum number of deaths due to jaundice, hepatitis A and B has happened in that seat because drinking water is not available. The maximum number of fake cases, jhuoote parche has happened from that seat. So people are so fed up and they are angry at the Akali Dal.
You see, I took out a tractor rally. The farmers came out in huge numbers. There was huge rally running into many kilometers.
So you are confident of winning?
Very much confident of winning Punjab.
Check out @hsphoolkaoffice’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/hsphoolkaoffice/status/823786711066886144?s=09
“Settlement with Victim cannot absolve owner of bus of criminal liability”
Blood money law is not applicable in India. The settlement with the victims family cannot absolve any person, including the bus owner of any liability in criminal law. Under Indian law a crime is against society and offender is prosecuted by the State. It is not the victims responsibility to pursue the criminal case, it is the duty of the State to pursue and follow the criminal case to ensure that the guilty are punished.
In the present case, the bus owner is liable both under Civil as well as Criminal law. Both run parallel. One is not a substitute to the other. A victim is entitled for compensation under the Motor Vehicles Act from the owner. The victim can settle the civil compensation case with the owner, but the owner is also liable for the criminal case under the Indian Penal code. This criminal liability will stand unaffected by the settlement between the owner and the victims family. The settlement is in the civil case and does not affect the criminal case, which has to be prosecuted by the State. As such the liability of the owners for the criminal case would continue, despite the settlement (which has to be in the civil case).
The following points clearly bring out that the owner of the bus is also equally liable under criminal Law and should be made the accused:
1. In Abhishek Goenka Vs. Union if India, WP(C) 265/2011, the Hon’ble Supreme Court has clearly held that the kidnapping and sexual assault on women is on the rise and a major contributory factor of such increase is the use of black films on windows/windshields of vehicles. In the present case, the windshields of the bus were tainted black and the rear back window of the bus was also completely blocked. The owners are totally responsible for this and should be held liable for the crime committed in the bus.
2. It has been reported in the media that the driver of the bus didn’t have a valid license, which makes the owner directly responsible.
3. In two recent cases, of the Nirbhaya murder and Uber taxi services case, the owners of the transport companies were held to be equally responsible for the crime. But in the present case the Punjab Police is working only to protect and shield the Chief Minister and his family.
4. It has also been reported that the bus did not have a Permit. This also makes the owner directly responsible.
5. It has been reported in the media that the Agriculture Minister of Punjab Totta Singh pressurized the family and the girl’s father and when the girl’s father Sukhdev Singh did not succumb to pressure, he was threatened of dire consequences. The Government’s Officials have also approached the employers of girl’s father to pressurize him.
6. This kind of interferences and pressurizing of the victim’s family and witnesses is sufficient ground to arrest the owners and keep them in a jail. Sadly, the Police is behaving like a servant of the Badal family.
A reign of terror is spread throughout the State of Punjab. Thus, whole state machinery is trying its best to shield the guilty bus owners i.e the Badal family instead of performing their duty to bring the guilty to book.